Thursday, October 13, 2016

What is worse than the latest anti-Trump allegations? "Old" stories that expose the hypocrisy of the media and Clinton



Are Donald Trump’s denials that he inappropriately “groped” and kissed the women who are now coming out of the woodwork to be believed? Trump has already intimated that he engaged in such acts, in the belief that women thought that it was “OK” because of his celebrity. That might be a stretch, but one can understand his “outrage” that the media would be coming out with these claims that in his opinion are “misrepresentations” and fabrications. Meanwhile, the media is deriding his claim that Hillary Clinton is behind all of this, but I pointed out a few days ago that you don’t have to be Adolf Hitler to have your faithful underlings do all your dirty work while leaving behind no paper trail leading to you; all you need is a propaganda ministry masquerading as an “objective” news media, and mindless zealots who will fall on a sword for you.  

It certainly isn’t a “stretch” to suggest that because the election polls were too close to “call” that the media would be completely ignoring the “issues” and instead engage in relentless attacks on Trump’s character. Yet the person whose “character” is most troubling has always been Hillary Clinton’s. I would prefer someone to ask why we would want someone in office whose pathological lying goes to the most bizarre extremes: Clinton has claimed that she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary, who along with his Sherpa guide Tenzing Norgay “conquered” Mount Everest in 1953. The problem with that claim is that it is an obvious lie; Clinton was born in 1947, long before the New Zealander became well-known for his exploit. 

Last year in an article in RealClearPolitics written by Larry Elder (who I would describe as a moderate-to-conservative commentator rather than a right-wing extremist), it was noted that while Bill Cosby’s sexual assault allegations were the stuff of yellow journalism—and Elder could have questioned the media’s fascination with black athletes and celebrities accused of sex crimes and domestic violence—he wondered why the Clintons continue to still get a “pass” on similar accusations:

Why does Bill Clinton continue to get a pass? Clinton was, after all, accused of rape by Juanita Broaddrick. Broaddrick, on "Dateline NBC," claimed that Clinton, then-Arkansas attorney general and gubernatorial candidate, raped her: "I first pushed him away. I just told him 'no.' ... He tries to kiss me again. He starts biting on my lip. ... And then he forced me down on the bed. I just was very frightened. I tried to get away from him. I told him 'no.' ... He wouldn't listen to me."

Hillary Clinton, who knew all about her husband’s dalliances, and apparently was “accepting” of them because of her own appetite for a certain type of sexual “dalliance” for which Bill looked the other way as well, responded to Broaddrick’s accusation in the expected way:

She further alleges that Hillary Clinton, shortly after the alleged rape, verbally intimidated her, implying that Broaddrick better keep her mouth shut -- or else. At a political event two weeks later, Broaddrick claims that Hillary approached her: "She came over to me, took ahold of my hand and said, 'I've heard so much about you and I've been dying to meet you. ... I just want you to know how much that Bill and I appreciate what you do for him.' ...

"This woman, this little, soft-spoken -- pardon me for the phrase -- dowdy woman that would seem very unassertive, took ahold of my hand and squeezed it and said, 'Do you understand? Everything that you do.' I could have passed out at that moment and I got my hand from hers and I left. ... She was just holding onto my hand. Because I had started to turn away from her and she held onto my hand and she said, 'Do you understand? Everything that you do,' I mean, cold chills went up my spine. That's the first time I became afraid of that woman."

Elder also pointed out the hypocrisy of feminists and other fanatical gender advocates who derided Bill’s accusers, apparently more in support of maintaining Hillary’s future plans. He notes that Hillary was the “ringleader” behind the "nuts or sluts" strategy used to intimidate and marginalize Bill’s accusers.

Meanwhile…Michelle Obama is calling out Trump for his "hurtful, hateful language about women,” although this is clearly an overstatement and nothing like what is coming out of the Clinton camp and the media directed at Trump.  It is bemusing how many—even athletes—are denouncing Trump’s “locker room” comparison with the comments he made years ago that were clearly braggadocio. The Wells Report on the Ritchie Incognito/Jonathan Martin “locker room” commentary makes Trump seem almost like a monk. Here are some excerpts from the Wells Report:

The "you're my bitch" comments added to name-calling that had begun in 2012, Martin's rookie season, when Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey began regularly calling Martin a "cunt," a "bitch," a "pussy" and a "faggot." Martin was not surprised to hear these words used by football players, but believed they were frequently hurled at him with demeaning intent. The evidence shows that these words -- at least at times -- were spoken to Martin in a cutting tone or with the intent to humiliate him. According to Martin, these types of taunts were a routine part of his life with the Dolphins.

Martin’s sister was a frequent target of these locker room taunts:

We are going to run train on your sister. She loves me. I'm going to fuck her without a condom and cum in her cunt. Hey, Jmart's sister is in town. Get the plastic sheets ready, she's a squirter. I'm going to bang the shit out of her and spit on her and treat her like shit. Hear your sister has a wolf-puss. A fat, hairy pussy.

The report also noted that there were physical gestures that “simulated” what was meant by these comments:

Martin also recalled that the comments about his sister were sometimes accompanied by obscene physical gestures. For example, he claimed that on the practice field, Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey would call his sister a "squirter" and then squirt water onto the field from their water bottles, and that while engaged in certain warm-up stretching exercises, they would simulate having sex with his sister. Incognito confirmed these allegations.

What is the point of exploring these “old” stories? That those attacking Trump in self-righteous terms are hypocrites of the worst order, plain and simple. Does this mean you should vote for Trump? No, it just means you should not vote for someone as corrupt and deceitful as Clinton.

No comments:

Post a Comment